[Chicken-users] alloca on MinGW

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-users] alloca on MinGW
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 03:18:29 -0700

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
felix winkelmann wrote:

(Oh boy, does your system have alloca.h? Cmake should detect that).

It does, but maybe the test isn't beefy enough.  I'll look at it.

MinGW doesn't have alloca.h. CMake was detecting that just fine, and defining HAVE_ALLOCA_H correctly in chicken-config.h.

CMake wasn't defining HAVE_ALLOCA. I wrote a test for it. It should probe alloca.h and malloc.h.

The HAVE_ALLOCA test doesn't seem to be working on MinGW. That is, MinGW appears to define alloca() in malloc.h. But, NO_OLDNAMES has to be undefined; uncertain whether it is or not. I took the easy way out and added a MinGW-specific #include <malloc.h> to chicken.h. This gets rid of the warnings about implicit declaration of alloca.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every