Re: [Chicken-users] Basic utf8 usage

From: Zbigniew
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Basic utf8 usage
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 22:39:38 -0600

Charles,

When you get an error like this, it usually means the corresponding
macro (in this case, "import") was not loaded; hence, "utf8" was
evaluated as a variable instead of a symbol.  In other words, the
documentation assumes you have the syntax-case egg already loaded.
Try this:

#;1> (require-extension utf8 syntax-case)
#;2> (import utf8)

Alternatively, use the -R option to csi to bring in the egg:
$ csi -R syntax-case
#;1> (use utf8)
#;2> (import utf8)