Re: [Chicken-users] user list on wiki

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] user list on wiki
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 08:20:04 +0000

> Re: tags, I just found some examples by looking at other pages but
> didn't find any documentation about them.
>
> You can put
>
> [[tags:users]]
>
> in your user profile for example to add a tag back to the list of users.

Right, that's one way to do it.  Actually, it was the only way to do
it until relatively recently.

I figured that although including the tags as part of the contents of
the wiki files made it easy to set them (by simply changing the
contents through the edit form), it wasn't as good as if the tags were
set in a Subversion property separate from the contents.  One obvious
advantage of using a separate Subversion property is that it makes it
possible to set tags in binary files such as images.

So now the “[[tags: ...]]” functionality, while it will probably
always be supported, is deprecated.  Instead, the best way to set tags
is to use the “svnwiki:tags” property:

  svn ps svnwiki:tags "users developers aliens" nelson-castillo

I just created a file documenting this here:

  http://wiki.freaks-unidos.net/svnwiki/tagging

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/