[Chicken-users] deadlock - why endless looping in error messages

From: F. Wittenberger
Subject: [Chicken-users] deadlock - why endless looping in error messages
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 12:54:57 +0200

Hi all,

this is not strictly an error, just a DoS kind of catching it:  when a
program runs into a deadlock, chicken will endless loop telling me so.

I'm not sure how this should be handled.  "Normal" exit with error might
not be possible, since the finalisation process might deadlock too.
Immediately exit with error might loose valuable data.  Maybe the
process should send itself a SIGSTOP?

How could this be caught better than littering the terminal/logfile?

best regards

/Jörg