Re: [Chicken-users] Re: testing release candidate for 4.0.0

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: testing release candidate for 4.0.0
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:18:51 +0100

2009/3/26 Peter Bex <address@hidden>:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:19:08AM +0100, felix winkelmann wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 9:08 PM, Aleksej Saushev <address@hidden> wrote:
>> >
>> > Error: (import) during expansion of (import ...) - cannot import from
>> > undefined module: scheme
>> >

>> Is the build installed in /usr/pkg/lib, or is this before the install?
>
> -----
> This is before install. I have previous version, which I'm actively using for
> serious work.
> Previously I could run tests before installation.
> If it was due to lucky coincidence, it would be nice to have it still.
> -----

I'm not sure what happens there. The passing of -Wl,-R... will use the
runpath from
the currently installed version, which is wrong in any case. I'm afraid I don't
have a quick fix in the moment. Note that you can build the chicken
with a PREFIX
set to some temporary location, install it there and run "make check" using that
installation.