Re: Re: [Chicken-users] New to Scheme Macros

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: Re: [Chicken-users] New to Scheme Macros
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 18:12:40 -0400

Jim Ursetto scripsit:

> > Explicit renaming macros look neat; the only kinda "bummer" thing is
> > having to manually pull apart the components of the expression with
> > car/cdr/etc. instead of the destructuring happening in a more
> > automatic way. Of course, I imagine one could write a macro to do
> > this... :)
>
> Yes -- hence the matchable extension ;)

Matchable is kind of heavyweight compared to destructuring-bind,
although it can of course do the same job.

http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/m_destru.htm
http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Issues/iss130_w.htm

--
You escaped them by the will-death              John Cowan
and the Way of the Black Wheel.                 address@hidden