[Chicken-users] Re: [ANN] New egg: Object-relation mapper Pandora

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: [ANN] New egg: Object-relation mapper Pandora
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:24:27 +0200

2009/8/16 Thomas Chust <address@hidden>:
> [...]
> I have hacked together a small object-relation mapper representing SQL
> datasets using the Prometheus object system, which is called Pandora
> to stay with the Greek mythology theme.
> [...]

Hello,

some visible improvements have been committed:

* The dependencies on database library eggs are now all optional. To
load the database specific backends for Pandora, the bindings to the
database engines still have to be installed, of course, but not to
compile them. SQLite3 is also required to run Pandora's tests.

* A complete usage example has been added to the documentation.

It will probably take a while until the changes are visible on Eggs
Unlimited. The documentation and download on my website have been
updated.

Thanks to Peter Bex for feedback and suggestions :-)

cu,
Thomas