[Chicken-users] Re: dbus:send bug

From: John J Foerch
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: dbus:send bug
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 12:55:54 -0400

Christian Kellermann <address@hidden> writes:
> Hi John!
>
>> This is misleading.  It should say "send a signal" instead of "message".
>> The second clause is also misleading, because there is simply no
>> response to wait for.
>>
>> Then the examples just need to be fixed up to use dbus:call instead of
>> dbus:send.  The second example uses dbus:send-and-await-reply, which
>> isn't even part of the api.  It seems to have a different call form from
>> dbus:call, so we would have to examine that more closely and figure out
>> what the intent was.
>
> First of all, thanks for your detailed report!  As you are the first
> user of this egg after a long time I would suspect some bitrot.
> Please feel free to change the wiki page as you see fit and maybe
> send patches for the egg to the author, maybe cc'ed to this list.
> I hope you are not put off by all the dust that has set on this
> extension. Let's make it better!
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Christian

Okay, great.  For some reason I hadn't noticed that I could edit that
page.  I thought the egg pages were auto-generated from inline comments
in the eggs themselves (or something).  So I will work on cleaning that
up and contact the author about the couple of bugs I've found in the
code itself.

Many thanks

--
John Foerch