Re: [Chicken-users] Is chicken supported on 32 bit Linux?

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Is chicken supported on 32 bit Linux?
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 19:20:14 +0200

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 03:19:00PM +0000, John Long wrote:
> On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 04:49:48PM +0200, Peter Bex wrote:
> > It could be that your compiler is performing some optimization which causes
> > this value to be (slightly?) different.
>
> It sounds like you nailed it. The tests run fine at -Os but fail at -O2 and
> -O3.
>
> It's vanilla gcc 4.7.1.
>
> I'm ok for now but I would like it to work at least at -O2. Seems like gcc
> (almost) always works at -O2!

Well, possibly the tests are wrong (flonum equality is Hard).
I'll have a look and see if this can be improved.
If it's indeed an optimization that causes a small difference in
flonums, it shouldn't cause any problems in practice so you should
be able to compile with -O3 and have no trouble.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://www.more-magic.net