Re: [Chicken-users] Cross compiling with Chicken

From: --
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Cross compiling with Chicken
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 21:11:16 +0400

This one seems working for mips32r2

I have successfully cross-compiled chicken and compiled a cross-chicken for the mips plaform using instructions defined here.Thank you for the hint.

There is no apply-hack for this plaform, though. What does this mean? What are the consequences?

Razvan

On 21 October 2013 01:14, Mario Domenech Goulart <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 18:52:47 +0300 Răzvan Rotaru <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is there a possibility to cross compile with chicken for another
> platform? If yes, how? My scenario is following:
>
> I have a chicken app developed on a x86 system, and would like to
> compile it for another platform, say MIPS. Now, I don't have chicken
> on MIPS and I also don't want to port it. I would like to take
> advantage of the chicken compiler generating c code, and simply tell
> chicken to tell gcc to cross compile for MIPS. Any ideas if and how I
> can do that?

There is a CHICKEN layer for Yocto/OpenEmbedded which provides the
CHICKEN tools and a couple of eggs:
https://github.com/OSSystems/meta-chicken

Best wishes.
Mario