[Chicken-users] which RxRS?

From: Giorgio Flaverli
Subject: [Chicken-users] which RxRS?
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 09:20:14 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I've gradually lost touch with Scheme after the R6RS debacle. It was a sad day to witness the victory of the pushers of complexity, helped along by a large number of well-meaning morons who should never have been allowed in the "electorate" given that they never even came close to implementing a meta-circular. I wonder how much more successful Scheme could have been without this disaster and without the harmful actions of those individuals who caused it.

What standard does Chicken implement today? The docs, as they are, seem to suggest it stuck to R5RS. Yet browsing the mailing list seems to suggest some "from __future__ import"'s have been implemented (though I can't find a definitive summary). I seem to recall there were also some efforts to define alternate language standards? What is the current situation?