Re: [Chicken-users] fnmatch egg

From: Michele La Monaca
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] fnmatch egg
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 17:24:28 +0200

Hi Caolan,

thanks for the egg, much needed addition (though I would like to see
it in the posix module rather than a separate egg). I used to
workaround (the lack of) it through ##sys#glob->regexp which is
another function I would like to be explicitly supported in core.

A few suggestions if you care:

1) Return the actual path rather than #t

(filter
  string?
  (map (lambda (x)
         (fnmatch "[^b].scm" x)) '("a.scm" "b.scm" "c.scm")))

=> ("a.scm" "c.scm")

2) Add Windows support through the very similar win32 function PathMatchSpecEx

3) Drop the utf8 requirement

Regards,
Michele