Re: [Chicken-users] IDE for Beginners

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] IDE for Beginners
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 14:27:46 +0100

* mfv <address@hidden> [141202 14:12]:
> Hi there,
>
> I am currently using Sublime Text 2 with Sublime REPL to fool around with
> Chicken Scheme. It does not work perfect, but until now it has been the best
> solution apart from using the REPL in the command prompt in Windows 7.
>
> However, it seems that sublimeREPL can not handle larger data structures. I
> froze once I read it a 20 kB cvs file.

Maybe this is unrelated to the IDE you tunnel through csi but rather
an "issue" with csi itself:

When you say once do you mean you just did it 1 time? Please keep
in mind that every result in csi will get bound to a value (the
numbers in the prompt) to make them accessible later. As a consequence
of this if you return large data structures then this will consume
your memory and cannot be freed since those symbols are bound. you
can use the ,ch (clear history) command in csi to clear those again.

Does this solve your problem?

Kind regards,

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.