[Chicken-users] Basic abnf usage?

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: [Chicken-users] Basic abnf usage?
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 20:53:16 -0600

Hello--

I'm attempting to learn how to use the abnf egg, but I'm having some difficulties.

First of all, I think the example needs to be updated. It uses the 'lit' matcher, which requires 'abnf-charlist' to be imported; also, the 'fws' and 'cfws' symbols are not defined. It's not hard to define them if you know the grammar, but given that this is the only example for the egg, it would be nice if it were a complete working example.

However, the greater challenge for me is understanding how to use the parsing rules once you have defined them. Since there is apparently no 'parse' function, I have no idea what to do. Is it necessary to define one's own parser? If so, what arguments does it need to take, and what does it return?

Thanks for any info.

--
Matt Gushee