cjk-list

Re: [cjk] Installation Cyberbit as PostScript font failed

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [cjk] Installation Cyberbit as PostScript font failed
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2017 15:05:28 +0200 (CEST)

[Please write plain text e-mails if possible!]

Thorsten,

glad to hear that it worked!  Here some remarks.

> sudo fontforge -script subfonts.pe nose.otf nose

Why `sudo' for running fontforge and the other commands?  In general,
you should *work* and *create* files in your home directory.  If
everything is OK, you should then *install* to /usr/local/ (or
whatever).  `sudo' is far too dangerous for normal work.

> % character set: Unicode U+0080 - U+FFFD% font

This comment is not correct.  IIRC, SourceHan also contains CJK
characters outside the BMP (i.e., U+0000-U+FFFF).

> \DeclareFontShape {C70}{nose}{bx}{n}{<-> CJKB * nose}{\CJKbold}

Here's a typo: `CJKB' -> `CJKb'.  Given that HanSource has a real bold
variant, you could (and probably should) replace this poorman's
emboldening with something better.

> *.afm: \fonts\afm\google\nose\*

Note that AFM files are not needed for LaTeX typesetting; they are
informational only.

> .enc: \fonts\enc\dvips\nose\nose

Please delete those files.  They are not needed, and maybe even cause
problems.

> But I still have missing characters: xA8 (inverted) in nose58, ^^S
> in nose66 and N in nose67.

Please check your input file and tell me the correponding Unicode code
points.  I can't believe that they are not covered in HanSource (TC
version)...

    Werner