cjk-list

Re: [cjk] Installation Cyberbit as PostScript font failed

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [cjk] Installation Cyberbit as PostScript font failed
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2017 14:59:47 +0000 (UTC)

Noto CJK is not SourceSan, I think? One is from Google, the other from Adobe...

hanazono (as recommended by the bottom of the front of ctext.org) should have
everything. it explicitly says to have extension A, B, C, D, E, though BCDE is
in a different file.

If you want to see a particular font has all you need or general glyph coverage
for that matter,
Get "FontVal-2.0.0-py-bin-net4.zip" from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/hp-pxl-jetready/files/Microsoft%20Font%20Validator/
 , unzip, and doble-click on "fontVal.exe", load a font with 'add font file',
unselect every test, except "OS/2" . The OS/2 table analysis should tell you if
the font claims to support CJK extension A, and whether and how many glyphs are
missing in that range.  Argh, it lumps extension A and extension B together,
but you get a number.
(I built it, and please feel free to click on the 'donate' link above...)