cjk-list

[cjk] Argh I see, dvips seems to be producing rubbish!

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: [cjk] Argh I see, dvips seems to be producing rubbish!
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 20:53:27 +0000 (UTC)

Argh, I see your problem now - it is not really that glyphs are missing (which
they are in the output), but that dvips is simply producing rubbish!

Werner: we seems to have a serious problem :-). See the attached pdf. One is
from dvipdfmx, the other from dvips then ps2pdf . Same input as previous except
I just duplicated the whole thing and bold-face the 2nd copy to test for
bold-face.

Another side issue - I still can't get the pdfTeX workflow to work - switching
to individual OTF's, I now get:

===
!pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file SourceHanSerifTC-Bold.otf): OTF fonts must be
included entirely
===

Seems pdfTeX does not like CFF outlines. I'll see if google's is truetype.