cjk-list

Re: [cjk] Argh I see, dvips seems to be producing rubbish!

From: amigolang
Subject: Re: [cjk] Argh I see, dvips seems to be producing rubbish!
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2017 11:42:52 +0200

Hello Werner, hello Hin-Tak,

I just found out (by a hint of Ulrike Fischer in the internet), that the package pstool shouldn't work with XeLaTeX/LuaLaTeX:

In the source code you find a construction like this:

\ifpdf
\else ( this is, where LuaLaTeX and XeTeX go)
   address@hidden
\fi

So it will not work this way...

To me that means, either I stay with LaTeX (and the known problems). Or I use an approach with pstools, which first processes with LaTeX (and the known problems) and then in a second run with PDFLaTeX and possibly further problems, I don't known yet.

So I will not go on with pstool.

I had a short look into the package pdfrack as well. But that only works unser Linux, so is no help for me under Windows.

In the moment I want to give the package pst-pdf  a try. It  is a bit complicated to use, as you have to start LaTeX, dvips, ps2pdf and PDFLaTeX one after the other manually, but that can be done within a batch file.

I am not sure, whether I should give the package auto-pst-pdf another try. It is from the same author (Will Robertson) as the neuer pstool. It is not deprecated, but development is stopped. It is a wrapper around pst-pdf.

So far from me...
Thorsten

Von meinem Samsung Gerät gesendet.