[cks-devl] Re: cks

From: V Alex Brennen
Subject: [cks-devl] Re: cks
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 14:00:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Simon Josefsson wrote:

> Would you accept patches that implements OpenPGP key distribution via
> DNS?  What do you think of this approach?  I haven't looked at CKS,
> but I'm thinking about the writing some of this at some point in time.

What do you mean via DNS?  You mean locking each node down to a
specific TLD and refering request through them?

There's a number of big problems with postgres right now that
I need to resolve before I do more work on stuff like syncing.
Namely, very very slow regex's, no backup mechanism, and
extremely slow data loading.  There is also an off-by-one
buffer overflow and a few race conditions in the code that
really need attention.

> Is the code stable enough to setup a new node?

not really...........  well, if you don't mind tweaking it
a little you can bring a node up.  There's no syncing going
on between the cks nodes yet though.

        - VAB