Re: [cks-devl] Re: cks

From: M. Drew Streib
Subject: Re: [cks-devl] Re: cks
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 18:36:12 +0000

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 08:08:26PM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> That, but also a kind of DNS "hosting" of OpenPGP keys.

This has been discussed in the past before, but imo, it is tacking
an existing system onto a cool, but inappropriate protocol.

NAI had it right moving to LDAP, I think. This also has the advantage
of an existing implementation, and servers that are ready to sync now.
This supports push, pull, sync, failover, etc.

As always, my personal preference for cks is to get it syncing with pgpnet
first, with the horowitz email sync protocol. This isn't the best solution,
but in the practical world, it has to be done if we want to eventually
move to a new sync method in the free software world.

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <address@hidden>
Independent Rambler, Software/Standards/Freedom/Law -- http://dtype.org/