RE: Browseable CVS

From: Eric Blake
Subject: RE: Browseable CVS
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:45:43 +0100

I tried submitting the same patch to savannah that I just did to this list
(regarding Boolean.java) - did anyone receive notification of it?  It shows
up as the first open patch for the project, so I assume no one else has
tested it out before.

Unless SourceForge has changed recently, no one but the patch submitter is
notified when a patch is posted (except maybe the project admin).  With
Jikes (which is also hosted on a SourceForge derivative), it is common
practice to post patches online, but the poster is then responsible to mail
the list with a link to the posted patch (this practice cuts down on big
email attachments, but still keeps everyone in the loop).  True, it is not
as reliable as if SourceForge were to auto-email the list about every posted
patch, but it seems to work.

--
Eric Blake, Elixent, Castlemead, Lwr Castle St., Bristol BS1 3AG, UK
address@hidden   tel:+44(0)117 917 5611