Re: java.lang.reflect.Proxy

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: java.lang.reflect.Proxy
Date: 02 Aug 2001 16:10:37 -0600

>>>>> "Eric" == Eric Blake <address@hidden> writes:

Eric> Unless anyone else speaks up, I will start implementing
Eric> java.lang.reflect.Proxy and related classes, added in JDK 1.3.

Eric> To do this in pure Java, I plan to generate a byte[] on the fly
Eric> that will then be loaded as a class by the appropriate
Eric> ClassLoader.  Should I use the functionality already in
Eric> gnu.bytecode, or should I write my dynamic class-generator from
Eric> scratch?

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't have a strong preference.
How big is gnu.bytecode?  Is it feasible to import it?
Maybe that would influence things.
In the end I think that it is reasonable for you to decide, since
you'll be implementing it.

Tom