Re: java.lang.reflect.Proxy

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: java.lang.reflect.Proxy
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 22:04:09 -0400

[sorry Eric, sent this straight to you when I meant to send it to the
list]

Eric Blake wrote:

> Unless anyone else speaks up, I will start implementing
> java.lang.reflect.Proxy and related classes, added in JDK 1.3.  I believe I
> can write it entirely in native Java, by using existing reflection methods,
> so that it will integrate seamlessly into existing VMs without requiring any
> additional native methods.

> To do this in pure Java, I plan to generate a byte[] on the fly that will
> then be loaded as a class by the appropriate ClassLoader.

This seems a somewhat kludgy way of doing it, although I agree it's
probably the only way to do it without specific VM support. Perhaps it
would be possible to write this in a way that would allow a simpler (and
possibly faster) VM-supported mechanism to be plugged in later?

Stuart.