Re: Back from vacation/Status (1.4 Throwable and java.util.prefs)

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: Back from vacation/Status (1.4 Throwable and java.util.prefs)
Date: 03 Sep 2001 13:57:48 -0400

Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

> A month ago I almost had 1.4 Throwable chaining and StackTraceElement working
> with gcj. I will try to finish that in the next week. I haven't worked yet on
> getting it to work with other VMs. Do we have a list of VMs, what version of
> Classpath they work with and some build instructions?

No, it's TBD before 0.03.  The archives have various messages where
people indicate this.  Some of the VMs are listed on our website.  At
the moment each tends to distribute their own version of classpath.
This should be fixed to make things easier for users.

> I have a partial implementation of the new 1.4 java.util.prefs package.
> It is missing event support and a real backend. There is only a memory based
> backend at the moment. I can export and import the preferences to and from
> files so it shouldn't be to hard to implement the file based backend. The
> only problem with the exporting and importing of the preferences nodes is
> that I did a quick hack to write/read the XML format by hand. Since I don't
> know XML that well and I do no escaping of CDATA at the moment it breaks as
> soon as a key or value contains a ", < or > character. I must look at the
> JAXP implementation of the ClasspathX project to see if we can use that.
> I will checkin what I have at the moment later today.

We'll have to make sure we aren't trying to build this if it isn't
supposed to work yet.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>