Re: Back from vacation/Status (1.4 Throwable and java.util.prefs)

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: Back from vacation/Status (1.4 Throwable and java.util.prefs)
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 17:26:40 -0400

Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> The only problem with the exporting and importing of the preferences
> nodes is that I did a quick hack to write/read the XML format by
> hand. Since I don't know XML that well and I do no escaping of CDATA
> at the moment it breaks as soon as a key or value contains a ", < or
> > character. I must look at the JAXP implementation of the
> ClasspathX project to see if we can use that.  I will checkin what I
> have at the moment later today.

I ran into the same problem while implementing XMLWriter from
java.util.logging.  I found a small class called XMLWriter.java,
written by James Clark in his XP library, which did the trick.  It's
under an XFree86-style license; but this would need to be assigned to
the FSF for inclusion into Classpath, right?

<URL:http://www.jclark.com/xml/xp/index.html>

BTW, java.util.logging also needs the new StackTraceElement stuff, so
I'm glad you're working on that.