Re: Arabic And Islamic Books

From: Etienne M. Gagnon
Subject: Re: Arabic And Islamic Books
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 15:22:55 -0400

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 02:04:47PM -0500, Aaron M. Renn wrote:
> We are running on the GNU mailing list system.  ...
> Unfortunately, I have nothing to do with this list from an admin
> perspective.  Does anybody out there have an idea on how to set this up?

The Classpath list is managed by the "Mailman" software.  According to
the list web page, somebody with email address <address@hidden>
has this list's "administrative password", which allows you to administrate
the list.  I guess this is a more-less dummy address (a black-hole), as I
have tried before emailing this person and got no reply...

As every mailing-list can get its own admin password, you could ask the FSF
people to change the classpath admin password (if they use a common password
for all their list: bad idea...), then give back the mailing-list
administration
priviledges to Classpath project administrators, as it should be.
(The GNU "mail.gnu.org" system's administrator has full control to revoke
these priviledges.)

Do you have any idea, who in the FSF organization, has decision power on such
matters (other than RMS, hopefully)?

Etienne
--
Etienne M. Gagnon                    http://www.info.uqam.ca/~egagnon/