Compiling even more classes (Was: classpath/javax/swing/plaf/basic Basic

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Compiling even more classes (Was: classpath/javax/swing/plaf/basic BasicLookAndFe...)
Date: 30 Apr 2002 13:04:03 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 12:19, Eric Blake wrote:
> I got tired of the javax.swing tree not compiling, so I touched enough
> files to at least allow jikes to compile it.  That does not mean that I
> implemented everything, by a long shot, but at least the build doesn't
> fail now.

Thanks for doing this Eric. I just made two small fixes to the
java.util.prefs package to get it compiling again and also removed it
from standard.omit to catch compile errors a bit earlier (it used to
compile but some changes to support chained exceptions broke it).

java.util.prefs is not completely functioning but should help anybody
that has to work with code that uses those classes. (The XML file
backend is missing, so it isn't really usefull between runs of a
program, but adding that functionality should not be that much work.)

lib/standard.omit now only contains the following lines for classes that
are really not part of the build:

    ../gnu/test/.*$
    ../gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk/TestAWT.java$
    ../gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk/Test.java$
    ../gnu/javax/swing/plaf/gtk/.*$

When we make a release we might want to add some non-functional packages
again, but for now lets try to keep everything compiling.