Re: The Mauve

From: Alex Lau
Subject: Re: The Mauve
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 19:27:31 -0500

Let see I'm on the right trick here.
1) We don't have a framework how the test should be "Run" excepted we know we are going to use mauve. On the other hand, that also mean whoever adding test case will directly adding into mauve ( correct me if I'm wrong ) rather then in classpath
(may be in both )
2) Do we want to combin the building and testing into a single configure? I will think building and testing should seperate, so that testing and preformance test can
run after build.
3) (i'm lost in this one ) you say compile manve by hand and put the mauve's
CLASSPATH in it.... I don't see the mauve code in classpath cvs and how else
can we do the test with mauve without the mauve class? or We are only going to pick out the main mauve test class and put that into classpath test suit to run
the test? ( what is the test and testsuite directory in classpath for? )
I hope I'm not making more trouble then help :)
Thanks
Alex

Brian Jones

Alex Lau <address@hidden> writes:

:) I read that from google....and I did ask a question along with
that .... about what vm should I use. I know classpath can run with
a couple vm but for testing is there a better one or more stable one
we should use?

And that is how I get my script wrote... did you look at my script
mainly is the first couple line. is it close to what a test case
will look like?  (I'm talking about the result now ) do you have any
standard to create test case that I may be able to follow?  Thanks
:) Alex

Oh, I didn't notice the attachments.  Running in that way you'll need
to add the mauve directory to your CLASSPATH and you may need to
compile the classes by hand in mauve if you didn't use the
configure/make to do it.

Brian