Re: Introduction and bug report

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Introduction and bug report
Date: 11 Jul 2002 17:59:13 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 09:47, Jeroen Frijters wrote:
> I'm building a JVM for .NET (see http://radio.weblogs.com/0109845/) and
> I'm using classpath (the Java part, not the native code) as the Java
> class library. So far it's going great, and I'd like to thank everyone
> that contributed!

Cool! You are targeting the Microsoft dotNet platform at the moment.
Have you looked at dotGNU and/or Mono?
How do you handle the native code?

> This is due to a bug in FileInputStream. The native_fd in
> FileInputStream is not initialized when there is an exception in the
> constructor (such as the FileNotFoundException in this example), so it
> will be 0. Now when the finalizer runs, it closes native_fd (0), which
> results in stdin being closed.
>
> The fix is easy:
>   private int native_fd = -1;
>
> The same thing also applies to FileOutputStream.

Thanks, good catch. I have made the changes in CVS. In the long run we
will want to merge our code with libgcj which has seen much more
testing.

I saw you have put up an archive with your own modified Classpath. Do
you have a list of other changes you made? I will try to take a look at
it later.