RE: Introduction and bug report

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: RE: Introduction and bug report
Date: 12 Jul 2002 13:51:19 +0200

Hoi Jeroen,

On Thu, 2002-07-11 at 18:19, Jeroen Frijters wrote:
> I discovered a more serious problem with the current file i/o
> implementation and I rewrote FileDescriptor, FileInputStream,
> FileOutputStream & RandomAccessFile. The original implementation has a
> problem with "ownership" of the handle. Since it is possible to get the
> FileDescriptor from a FileIn/OutputStream it is possible to close a
> handle, yet still have a stream that "owns" that handle, this is a big
> problem. I fixed this by moving the ownership of the handle to
> FileDescriptor (and all the native methods as well).

This is also how libgcj has it setup. We still need to merge the java.io
stuff with that code. See the status of the merge at:
http://gcc.gnu.org/java/libgcj-classpath-compare.html. I will look at
their and your stuff and try to merge it with the Classpath code soon.

But I have trouble getting the Orp VM running with a recent Classpath so
it is a bit hard to do any testing... :{

Groetjes,