Re: PNG support needed?

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: PNG support needed?
Date: 12 Jul 2002 14:37:10 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, 2002-07-11 at 22:39, Chris Nokleberg wrote:
> I have a Java 1.1-compatible LGPL PNG decoder that I'd be willing to
> adapt as necessary, if it hasn't been done yet. See
>   http://sixlegs.com/software/png/
> (or do google search for "java png" :)

That would be very nice! The only catch is that our awt support is very
premature so you would probably also be debugging the awt.image
framework a bit.

Also note that we normally use the GPL+exception license for all code
included in the GNU Classpath core code and that we ask people to assign
copyright to the FSF. Would you be willing/able to do that?
(See for more info section 2 and 3 of the Gnu Classpath Hacker Guide:
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/doc/hacking.html#SEC2)
Brian Jones (address@hidden) and/or Paul Fisher (address@hidden) normally
handle any legal issues so please contact them if you have more
questions about it.