Re: jdiff.sh (BETA)

From: Giannis Georgalis
Subject: Re: jdiff.sh (BETA)
Date: 21 Sep 2002 17:56:35 +0300

Michael Koch <address@hidden> writes:
> I found this on the net:
>
> "Member declarations in an interface disallow the use of some
> declaration modifiers; you cannot use transient, volatile, or
> synchronized in a member declaration in an interface. Also, you may
> not use the private and protected specifiers when declaring members
> of an interface."
>
> http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/java/interpack/createinterface.html
>
> I think this implicitely means they are public.

Ofcourse, but java is a pedantic language...

I haven't used the official SDK from Sun for a long time, but as far
as I remember you should explicitely declare them "public" or the byte
compiler started to curse on you :). Additionaly, java was never fond
of the term impicitely and consider that ommiting the visibility
modifier, means that methods/fields have *package* scope.

--
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.