Re: jdiff.sh (BETA)

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: jdiff.sh (BETA)
Date: 24 Sep 2002 13:42:28 -0600

>>>>> "Giannis" == Giannis Georgalis <address@hidden> writes:

Giannis> Yes, however jdiff.sh completely ignores the throws clause
Giannis> and instead parses the javadoc comments above the class
Giannis> definition.

This isn't always desirable.  Sometimes Sun documents unchecked
exceptions; we aren't required to declare these.  Even documenting
them may be suspect.

Also, if the JDK declares a checked exception in the throws clause, we
want to be compatible with that.  So this is a situation where we want
to make sure to check the actual code, not the javadoc.

One approach would be to look at the throws clause but then omit all
unchecked exceptions.  Also, the result should be sorted, so that
ordering differences aren't considered.

Tom