Re: japize

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: japize
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 10:15:33 -0400

[oops, previous mail was sent to Brian only...]

Brian Jones wrote:

> Got this error...
>
> address@hidden bin]$ ./japize as jdk14 packages /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1/jre/lib/rt.jar +java +javax +org japipkgs jdk14.japi.gz

Oops, should have put in some "$"s so that it was clear that "japipkgs
jdk14.japi.gz" was a separate command to be run after the first one.
That's probably the cause of this error:

> Processing package java.lang,:=Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

(It probably tried to open "japipkgs" or "jdk14.japi.gz" as a zip/jar file)

> Also decided to try just this...
>
> address@hidden bin]$ ./japize as jdk14 packages /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1/jre/lib/rt.jar +java +javax +org
>
> Processing class java.lang,Object:+
> Processing package java.lang,:=Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.lang.AbstractMethodError
>    at jode.bytecode.ClassInfo.loadInfo(ClassInfo.java:620)

This one I'm not sure about, although it's suspicious that it's inside
Jode itself. Perhaps Jode isn't compatible with the changes in the
classfile format introduced with 1.4 (asserts, etc), since the latest
stable release of Jode is older than 1.4 is. That's just speculation,
though.

Let me know if you find out anything. Perhaps we should try contacting
the Jode author...

Stuart.

--
Stuart Ballard, Programmer