Re: japize

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: japize
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 17:28:23 -0400

Brian Jones wrote:
Brian Jones <address@hidden> writes:

Stuart, by chance you've tried japize against Classpath recently?  I

Sadly not :(

As I mentioned, the only machine I can hack japitools on is a 486 - I doubt it could even compile classpath, let alone run Japize against it ;)

It seems to work against Kaffe, (based on reports from a Kaffe developer who's tested it) so you could try the KJC compiler they ship with, as well.

compiled with jikes 1.17 but Jode is barfing on something.  Bug either
in Jode or Jikes... it's much fun tracking this stuff down.  I'll have
to give gcj -C a try or even resort to JDK javac and see what happens.

Yes, it is much fun, isn't it? From what I hear, the unreleased Jode 1.9 version will have a better architecture, which *might* mean the exceptions will be easier to understand... not sure, though. Also, 1.9 has never seen a public release, and it's been quite a long time since I first heard about it... I don't know whether its develpment is stalled or anything.

I'd tend to suggest bouncing errors like this to Jochen (the Jode maintainer) and see whether he has any suggestions.

Sorry for the trouble, and thanks again for testing japize!

Stuart.

--
Stuart Ballard, Programmer
NetReach - Internet Solutions