Re: japize

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: japize
Date: 03 Oct 2002 21:50:09 -0400

Stuart Ballard <address@hidden> writes:

> [oops, previous mail was sent to Brian only...]
>
> Brian Jones wrote:
>  >
>  > Got this error...
>  >
>  > address@hidden bin]$ ./japize as jdk14 packages
> /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1/jre/lib/rt.jar +java +javax +org japipkgs
> jdk14.japi.gz
>
>  >
>  > Processing class java.lang,Object:+
>  > Processing package java.lang,:=Exception in thread "main"
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.lang.AbstractMethodError
>  >    at jode.bytecode.ClassInfo.loadInfo(ClassInfo.java:620)
>
> This one I'm not sure about, although it's suspicious that it's inside
> Jode itself. Perhaps Jode isn't compatible with the changes in the
> classfile format introduced with 1.4 (asserts, etc), since the latest
> stable release of Jode is older than 1.4 is. That's just speculation,
> though.
>
> Let me know if you find out anything. Perhaps we should try contacting
> the Jode author...

Okay, Jode's not able to handle 1.4.

ClassInfo.java throws a ClassFormatException while reading
java/lang/AbstractMethodError.  On line 290/291 of ClassInfo.java it
does some version comparisons and fails.  According to JSwat, version
is 3145728.  Guessing the if statement needs to be modified to handle
newer class formats.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>