Re: Intel's patch submission...

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Intel's patch submission...
Date: 18 Oct 2002 22:49:09 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, 2002-09-28 at 21:18, Brian Jones wrote:
> All, I've reformatted the Intel patch submission using a few command
> line tricks.  I've attached the result here, let me know if you plan
> to work on any part of this.

I merged in the first batch:

2002-10-18  Mark Wielaard  <address@hidden>

  Merged patches from Wu Gansha <address@hidden>:
  * gnu/java/io/PlatformHelper.java (INITIAL_MAX_PATH): new constant.
  (toCanonicalForm): Use new constant to optimize StringBuffer usage.
  Return lowercase path when isWindows == true.
  * gnu/java/lang/SystemClassLoader.java (classpath): New static field.
  (pathinfos): Likewise.
  (getSystemResource): Refactored, cache partial result for each path
  item in classpath.
  * gnu/java/net/protocol/file/Handler.java (toExternalForm): New
  method implementation specific to file protocol.
  * gnu/java/net/protocol/http/HttpURLConnection.java
  (buffered_out_stream): New field.
  (connect): Don't set in_stream, wrap out_stream BufferedOutputStream.
  Move sending request and receiveing reesponce to new methods.
  (sendRequest): New method.
  (receiveReply): Likewise.
  (setRequestMethod): Accept "POST".
  (getInputStream): When in_stream == null, call SendRequest() and
  ReceiveReply().
  (getOutputStream): New method.
  * gnu/java/net/protocol/jar/Handler.java (toExternalForm): New
  optimized method.
  * gnu/java/net/protocol/jar/JarURLConnection.java (getContentLength):
  New method.
  * java/net/URL.java (URL): Remove toLowerCase() when calling this().
  * java/net/URLConnection.java (req_props): Made final, set in
  constructor using Hashtable(Map).
  (setRequestProperty): Not synchronized.
  (getRequestProperties): New method.
  * java/net/URLStreamHandler (toExternalForm): Use StringBuffer.

No new Mauve regressions (after fixing a small thing in file Handler)
and a few new PASSes in the URLTest. But this was mostly optimization
code. Will look at the rest of java.net next and then the java.lang
things.