Re: [Jikesrvm-core] Re: Updates to GNU Classpath port of JRVM

From: David P Grove
Subject: Re: [Jikesrvm-core] Re: Updates to GNU Classpath port of JRVM
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 14:45:42 -0400

Running nightly regression tests of the combination of Classpath CVS &
Jikes RVM CVS would be great.  We definitely see GNU Classpath as the long
term library story for Jikes RVM.

To answer Michael's question, the CVS head for Jikes RVM supports two
library configurations: mixed and classpath only.

The mixed configuration is the current default.  The mixed configuration
uses the Jikes RVM (OTI-derived) libraries for four packages: java.lang,
java.io, java.net and java.util.  All other packages come from the
Classpath libraries.  Removing java.util from this list to get down to only
three non-Classpath packages in the mixed configuration  is a short term
todo item.

There is also a Classpath only configuration of Jikes RVM.  I believe that
there are still some programs that run on Jikes RVM with the mixed library
configuration that don't run on Jikes RVM in the classpath only
configuration.  Julian is the person on the Jikes RVM core team who has
been working on this configuration; perhaps he can update people on this.

--dave