Re: JamaicaVM and GNU Classpath

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: JamaicaVM and GNU Classpath
Date: 26 Oct 2002 13:26:45 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 19:29, Andy Walter wrote:

> You'll probably happy to read that our testsuite is based on Mauve. :-)
> We have added some tests and included a small script-driven framework for our
> nightly builds. Currently, we are not happy with the generated statistics
> yet, which are rather primitive at the moment. However, one of our employees,
> Denis Theinert, is assigned to improving this. The result should be a
> statistics that says "Test ABC, which ran perfectly the day before, failed
> last night" - and vice versa.
>
> We didn't contact the Mauve developers so far, but as soon as our testsuite
> works the way we like it, we plan to contribute to Mauve as well.

We also want to set something like that up for Kissme (or sablevm or
Orp) and mauve. So that would be a very nice contribution. Then we can
more easily compare what are VM issues and what are library issues. I
have already something simple setup to post Mauve results for (lib)gcj
to the gcc-testresults mailing list. See e.g.
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2002-10/msg00865.html

> However, we have not finished the integration of all Classpath packages.
> There
> are some slight problems with java.io. I'm sure we can handle this within a
> couple of days. I just wanted to contact you as soon as possible to see your
> reactions.

Note that there are some (subtle) problems with the current java.io
setup in GNU Classpath. We want to use the setup that (lib)gcj uses and
that Jeroen Frijters uses for IK.VM.NET. See:

    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2002-10/msg00019.html
    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2002-10/msg00037.html

Giannis Georgalis (address@hidden) was also working on java.io so he
might know more about the status.