Re: file.encoding property

From: Patrik Reali
Subject: Re: file.encoding property
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:38:03 +0200

I think this makes sense (as long a java implementation is available).

I can see only one limitation at the moment: if someone wants to construct a
free J2ME (CLDC) API from Classpath.

The CLDC API contains only java.io; there, PrintStream writes to the
underlying stream according to the locale and VM configuration. There is no
explicit encoder (as far as I can see), but I guess it would rely on
something like the current encoders (maybe just hardcoded, because a generic
implementation it just too expensive on a small device).

-Patrik
--------
Patrik Reali
http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/jaos