RE: NotYetImplementedError [Was: NYIException]

From: David Holmes
Subject: RE: NotYetImplementedError [Was: NYIException]
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:34:24 +1000

> I personally think that a Java application should not try
> to discover the JVM/library version through an akward usage of
> exceptions/errors.

I'm not so sure this is about actual version information but more
about not yet implemented methods in a VM/library that purports to
support the version of the API that includes that method. Classpath is
in the unfortunate state of supporting different versions of API's
depending on which class you are looking at, so what version
information would the system property return?

David Holmes