Re: plans for classpath 0.08?

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: plans for classpath 0.08?
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 21:27:49 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 00:09, David P Grove wrote:
>         We're planning on releasing the next version of Jikes RVM in
> the next 1-2 weeks.  If classpath 0.08 was going to come out soon, we
> would probably stall  the Jikes RVM release a few days to wait for it.

We are a bit late with 0.08. FOSDEM took much time. But it was fun!
I prepare a release for Friday. Test it during the weekend. And release
on Monday. After that we should return to our three month schedule for
releases.

For 0.08 I have the following issues:
- The audit after the savannah compromise was never completely finished.
  (I do not expect to find anything, but would feel better if all code
   was gone over at most once. Will do this on Thursday and Friday.)
- make distcheck was broken because of newer tar versions.
  (Grzegorz found out what precisely went wrong so we can now fix this.)
- Paperwork for gnu.regexp was completed so I will import it this week.
  There are already some Mauve tests, more will follow. It works for the
  more simpler cases already (for example what the Eclipse 3.0M-builds
  need), but there is some work to be done to have a syntax-compatibly
  with java.util.regex. But that can wait till the next release.
- ServerSocket.accept() doesn't work when EINTR is returned by the
  system call. I think I know how to fix that. It prevents some network
  applications to work reliably at the moment.

Anything else?

If there are Classpath branches for particular VMs that have small fixes
then now is the time to get them into the main tree again!