Re: Eclipse and Classpath

From: Jeff Sturm
Subject: Re: Eclipse and Classpath
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 12:19:37 -0400 (EDT)

On 23 Apr 2004, Tom Tromey wrote:
> We really should be able to share the task tags, compiler settings,
> and tab stuff.  I filed a couple Eclipse PRs for this.

That would sure be a useful enhancement to Eclipse.  Meanwhile, perhaps
you could export your preferences and add that to a contrib directory, so
others who want to try classpath with eclipse won't have to recreate all
the preferences.

FWIW I think this is a good idea, even though I don't hack classpath
often.  I don't think of Eclipse as a build system; it cannot replace
ant or make.  It's a pretty useful development tool though.

(What about Mauve?  Much of Eclipse's usefulness for us comes from
interactively running the test suite so we get a very quick
edit/compile/test/debug cycle.  But eclipse only knows about junit-style
tests, not the gnu.testlet classes in Mauve.)

Jeff