Re: GNU Classpath 0.09 release (not yet, but pre1 available)

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: GNU Classpath 0.09 release (not yet, but pre1 available)
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 20:13:14 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 13:42, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > GNU Classpath has grown again and gjdoc takes more then two and half
> > hours with 170M on my machine :{ Found some small HTML entity issues
> > which have been fixed. Results can be seen at:
> > http://www.klomp.org/mark/classpath/doc/api/html/
> >
> > Unfortunately we will have to fix some things with gjdoc (copyright
> > statements, images, etc.) to have a real official page with the docs.
>
> As I already proposed, I still want to help cp-tools and gjdoc...

Great. Thanks.
There are several things that need to be done before we can easily and
correctly use gjdoc to create official GNU Classpath API documentation.

- HTML entity issues as described in [bugs #4823] HTML entities such as
auml and nbsp should be put back in the API doc
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=4823
The problem is unanalyzed and happens when using the native compiled
gjdoc as described in the FAQ:
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/faq/faq.html#faq5_1
It would be great if someone could analyze what goes wrong.

- Copyright statements as found in the actual source file should appear
in the generated HTML file.
What we need is an option to get the first comment block text that
contains the word 'Copyright' in it by gcj to be put in the generated
XML file so that we can use XSLT to put it into the HTML file.

- The generation of HTML files should be speed up a lot. It seems that
we can generate the XML files in not to much time, but the XSLT
transformation to XHTML takes hours. Someone with XSLT performance
experience would be great (or someone that would like to learn about
that of course).

- We do have images for some of the API doc, but those are not put into
the resulting HTML files.