RE: Anon cvs broken?

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: RE: Anon cvs broken?
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 16:04:39 +0200

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 13:45 +0100, Andrew Haley wrote:
> CVS supports modules, so
> that it's possible to check out a subset of a tree, and this is very
> useful.  When you do "cvs update", it does not check out every module,
> just the directories you already checked out.

Wow. A whole new world opens.
http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/cvsbook.html#The%20modules%20File
https://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs-1.11.20/cvs_18.html#SEC159

Powerful. But this means my intuitive (simplistic) view of a cvs module
as a simple tree of directories under one name (where modulename ==
directory name) is completely destroyed.

(Un)fortunately I don't believe most public CVS repositories (like the
savannah system) let you arbitrarily change the files in the CVSROOT.
The savannah-hackers are pretty flexible though. So if someone thinks we
can/must/want to take advantage of any of this module system then we can
certainly ask.