Re: Using OSG for Classpath

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Using OSG for Classpath
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 22:25:49 +0100

Hi Peter,

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 13:41 +0100, Peter Kriens wrote:
> I am very impressed with the Classpath libraries. It is an impressive
> feat to get so much done.

Thanks. It took us a couple of years, but I believe we now have
something substantial to show the world :)

> I have, however, a request. The current classpath is becoming quite big
> and will contain too much for smaller environments. I am trying to get
> jamvm and classpath to work on an NSLU2 and it means I have to twiddle
> a lot.

I saw you blog about this:
http://www.aqute.biz/2005/10/osgi-on-slug.html
"So I had to recompile classpath and remove unnecessary classes. Not too
easy, but I got it down to 1 Mb"
Very nice.

How/What did you remove?