classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Licences

From: Andrew Selkirk
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Licences
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 00:30:59 -0400

Thanks for clearing some of this up for me everyone!  I sometimes
have a tough time with the legalese in licenses and I try to keep
a healthy sense of caution when dealing with this subject.

On Saturday 14 July 2001 08:47 pm, Nic Ferrier wrote:
> So personally, I don't think it matters. I'm still achieving what I
> want to achieve (ie: making my code free) and I'm causing less
> confusion because there's one licence for all the code.
>
> Hopefully the FSF will clear up the issue and perhaps formalise the
> GPL+x in some sort of 'GPL for embedded systems'.
<snip>
> If you want to keep code licenced under the LGPL that's fine. I hope
> the FSF will clarify the position and explain why the GPL+x is
> necessary.

So LGPL and GPL+ex accomplish the same goals?  If this is the
case, then I would feel much better about relicensing my pieces.
My only requirement is that I can use the libraries in both my open
source and commercial settings.

How are these two licenses not the same?

Andrew...