classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] Re: [dom4j-dev] GNU JAXP license violation

From: Scott Sanders
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] Re: [dom4j-dev] GNU JAXP license violation
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 08:37:30 -0800

On Nov 5, 2004, at 1:42 AM, Chris Burdess wrote:

Scott Sanders wrote:
However, I would also say that the GNU JAXP project is in violation of the orignal license, as the changes made are not 'clearly documented'. Refer to the aelfred license, and the sentence stating: "You are free to modify AElfred for your own use and
// to redistribute AElfred with your modifications, provided that the
// modifications are clearly documented."

Are there any changes? If there are, dom4j is in violation as well as GNU JAXP. If there are no changes, then dom4j may just import the original non-GPL sources, and there are no violations.

Viewing the cvsweb for GNU JAXP, it seems that there are some changes.

We have made significant changes to the Ælfred codebase, in order to improve both performance and conformance to the SAX specification. These changes are documented in the file ChangeLog.gnujaxp in the GNU JAXP distribution. Do you feel that they should be documented elsewhere too?
--

That would seem fine to me

Scott