df and mount: too much noise

From: Breno Leitao
Subject: df and mount: too much noise
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 17:25:29 -0500

Hello,

I am seeing an increasing amount of 'noise' on the output of df and
mount commands as the Linux evolves.

This is due to a huge amount of things being mounted automatically on
Linux environemnt.

For example, I just reinstalled my system (with a single partition), and
a simple 'mount' command dumps more than 33 lines, including securityfs,
tmpfs, devpts, proc, sysfs entries.

I am missing (or I do not found), a single command that dumps only
disks/partition mounts. The same thing for 'df'.

So, my questions are:

1) I am facing a real problem? Was it discussed already?

2) If this is a real problem, should it be addressed on coreutils or on
the higher layers?

Thank you,
Breno