dazuko-devel

Re: [Dazuko-devel] Linux 2.6

From: Michael Grigoriev
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] Linux 2.6
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 18:54:10 -0500

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 03:12:51PM +0100, John Ogness wrote:
> 1. setting up the /dev/dazuko device
> This is a bit tricky because I have not yet learned how this is done in
> the new kernel. devfs is apparently now obsolete, meaning I am supposed
> to use sysfs? I need to do a lot of reading to find out about this out.

I would recommend you use procfs for this. It's a simple and stable API that
has not changed from 2.4 to 2.6. For examples, see the Fuse project:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/avf/fuse/kernel/dev.c?view=markup
(the relevant code is at the end of the file)

--
Have fun,
Michael "mag" Grigoriev                   I can make it all stop